Host Venue: Concord Golf Club
Dates: 17- 20 March, 2022
Prize Fund: AU$400,000
Entries Close : Thursday, 24 February, 2022
Field Size: 144
The Golf Challenge NSW Open shall be decided over four rounds (72 holes) of stroke play. 144 players will play one round on each of the first two days, after which the leading 60 professionals plus ties for 60th place, plus any amateurs on the same score after the second round, shall qualify to play rounds three and four. In the event of a tie for first place, a ‘sudden death’ play-off will take place on the 18th until there is a result or as otherwise determined by the tournament committee.
Concord Golf Club
Located in the prestigious inner west suburbs of Sydney, Concord was built in 1899.
It has hosted several iconic Australian golf events including the Australian PGA, ANZ Championship, Australian Women’s Open and the NSW Open.
The club underwent an extensive rebuild in 2017 by American Tom Doak with all 18 greens redeveloped, its 69 bunkers replaced and landing zones rebuilt.
The current new course record is 67 held by Ewan Porter. The old course record is 61 shot by Mike Harwood during the 1992 Australian PGA.
LOCATION: Majors Bay Rd, Concord, NSW 2137.
CONTACT: (02) 9743 6111.
DESIGNERS: Dan Soutar (1907); Ross Watson (1996); Tom Doak Renaissance Golf Design (2018).
SLOPE RATINGS: Mens – Black 129, Blue 128, White 127, Red 123, Silver 122. Women – Black 141, Blue 140, White 139, Red 136 and Silver 133.
PLAYING SURFACES: Penncross A4 bentgrass (greens), kikuyu (fairways), couch (being oversown to kikuyu rough).
GREEN FEES: Concord is a private club but opportunities are available as a member’s guest or entry in an Open day event, which are played throughout the year.
COURSE SUPERINTENDENT: Chris Howe.
PGA PROFESSIONALS: Dave Northey – Director of Golf, Lorien Scott – Head Teaching Professional.
Field Breakdown and Exemptions
Exempt Professional Golfers
87 PGATA Professionals; 18 NSW Open Qualifying Series; 4 International Amateurs; 4 Golf NSW Regional Qualifiers; 8 Monday Pre-Qualifying; 12 Exempt Players at the Discretion of Golf NSW; 10 Tournament Invitations.
Exemption from Qualifying – Amateur
As provided for in the agreement between Golf NSW and PGA, Golf NSW may provide up to a maximum number of 34 exemptions for amateur players from pre-qualifying for the 2021 Championship.
Golf NSW will notify the relevant players of their exemption.
Registration will be at the PGA Tournament Office. Registration will be open from Monday, 14 March, 9:00AM to 5:00PM and Tuesday, 15 March, 7:00AM until 5:00PM. Players who fail to register by the deadline with the PGA tournament office may be removed from the tournament and replaced with the first available alternate.
The PGA Tour of Australasia Tournament Office will be located within the building adjacent to the Short Practice Range and indicated by signage at the Concord Golf Club.
Pre-Qualifying will take place on Monday 14th March at Liverpool and Bankstown GolfClubs. There will be a minimum of 8 positions available. The number of positions available at each venue will be determined on a pro-rata basis. (This is subject to change- courses may be updated).
Players will use the Concord Golf Club short game and range facilities. No long driving range facilities will be available within the club’s boundaries.
- Monday:7:30AM to 6:00PM
- Tuesday: 6:30AM to 6:00PM
- Wednesday: 6:30AM to 6:00PM (Pro-Am players have priority 1 hour before shotgun start)
- Thursday: 5:45AM to 6:00PM
- Friday: 5:45AM to 6:00PM
- Saturday: 6:00AM to 5:00PM
- Sunday: 6:00AM to last tee time
- Monday: 9:00am till 10:30am 10th tee only – nine holes only.
- Tuesday: 7:30am till 3:00pm first tee only. Tee times will be booked through the Pro-Shop.
- Wednesday: 1:00pm till 3.00pm first tee only. Tee times will be booked through the Pro-Shop.
- Wednesday 16 March: Sponsors Pro-Am 8.00am shotgun start. (36 Profressionals Required).
Player Medical Services
The medical services team will be located at the Concord Golf Club, adjacent to the short practice range area, will be indicated by signage at the event. The team will consist of Dr Cory Cunningham (Doctor, onsite Tuesday & Wednesday only), TBA (Chiropractor), Matt Green (Physiotherapist), TBC (Masseur).
The Player Medical Services Team work on a booking system and attempt to honour all reasonable requests outside of the following general operating hours:
- Tuesday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Wednesday: 5:30AM to 6:00PM
- Thursday: 5:30AM to 6:00PM
- Friday: 5.30AM to 6:00PM
- Saturday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
- Sunday: 6:00AM until last tee time
Medical personnel will be providing first aid service on all 4 tournament days.
Participating players will park in the club car park or adjacent grassed area using their PGA Tour accreditation for access practice days, then utilising car park passes to be displayed on their dashboard for tournament days.
Caddies can use players pass, travel with player or find their pwn parking. Addition entrance is adjacent to the 13th fairway, off Cumming Avenue.
Caddies are not compulsory for this event
Please advise James Nicholls if you required a caddy prior to registration.
Players/Caddies will be permitted to use pull carts throughout the week – limited pull carts are available and it is advised where possible to bring your own/alternatively use a carry/smaller golf bag.
Participating players may use the Men’s Locker Room in the clubhouse. There will be limited lockers available with players required to register with the club reception to obtain access.
Players and caddies are to follow the dress regulations as stated in the Membership Regulations Handbook. Players will be permitted to wear shorts during all practice rounds and during the pre-tournament pro-am. All shorts should be knee length, tailored shorts and predominately of one colour. “Cargo pocket styled” shorts are not permitted.
Shorts are permitted to be worn during all tournament rounds.
Bag storage is not available for this event.
Basic club repair services will be available in the Pro Shop during each day of the tournament week. Please note that all costs will be charged to the player.
Players are to use PGA Tour accreditation. In addition to this, players will also receive 1 x caddie pass, 2 x general admission season passes and 6 x general admission any one day passes.
For spectator tickets, please VISIT: premier.ticketek.com.au
Food & Beverage
There will be a sizeable food truck village offering a variety of fare including beverages throughout the tournament week. the trucks will be adjacent to the clubhouse and 18th green.
The PARKROYAL Parramatta is the official accommodation partner of the NSW Open Golf Championship.
Rest and relax in style post round at one of the ARKROYAL Parramatta’s contemporary and well-appointed rooms.
The PARKROYAL Parramatta is just a short commute to Concord Golf Club, and right in the epicentre of Parramatta’s busy eat street, with it’s al fresco restaurants & wonderful bars.
A special package is offered to players needing accommodation for the duration of the tournament.
The following inclusions are:
- Overnight Accommodation ($175 a night)
- King or Twin bedding available. Please advise preference when booking
- Daily Internet
- Discounted rate for Breakfast of $22.00 per person, per day
- Discount rate for Parking of $15.00 per vehicle, per night
- Credit card surcharge for Visa, AMEX and Mastercard is 1.25%
- Credit card surcharge for Diners & JCB is 3%
There is no child care available for this tournament.
There is no players lounge at this year’s NSW Open.
Players will be issued with a “Charge Card” valid for the first two days of competition, and an additional credit will be applied for players making the half way cut. Players will be able to make food and beverage purchases via the club’s F&B outlets.
Schedule of Events
Monday, 14 March
- Pre-qualifying at Liverpool GC and Bankstown GC
- Golf Challenge State Final – Concord GC 2.00pm
- Course Open 9.00am till 10:30am 10th tee only – nine holes only.
Tuesday, 15 March
- Range Open: 6:30AM to 6:00PM
- Course Open 7:30am till 3:00pm first tee only. Tee times will be booked through the Pro-Shop.
- Player RegistrationRound 1 draw released
Wednesday, 16 March
- Morning Sponsors Pro-Am – 8:00am shotgun start.
- Course Open: 1:00pm till 3.00pm first tee only. Tee times will be booked through the Pro-Shop.
Thursday, 17 March
- Round 1 – commencing at approximately 7:15AM
Friday, 18 March
- Round 2 – commencing at approximately 7:15AM
- Field cut to leading 60 professionals + ties as well as any amateurs on the same score or better at the conclusion of the round.
Saturday, 19 March
- Round 3 – last tee time approximately 11:45AM
Sunday, 20 March
- Round 4 – last tee time approximately 11:45AM
- Presentation ceremony in front of clubhouse following completion of play
For all enquiries regarding the 2022 Golf Challenge NSW Open please contact:
Stuart Fraser, Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (02) 9505 9105
Graeme Phillipson, GM – Golf
Phone: (02) 9505 9105
David Tease, Media & Digital Manager
Phone: (02)9505 9105
PGA Tour of Australasia
Graeme Scott, Tournament Operations Manager
Phone: (03) 8380 1998
Concord Golf Club
Lee Bradsell, General Manager
Phone: (02) 9743 0265
International Country Code for Australia: +61 [e.g. (02) 9505 9105 = +61 2 9505 9105]