Host Venue: Twin Creeks Golf and Country Club
Dates: 28 November – 1 December
Prize Fund: AU$400,000
Entries Close :7 November 2019
Field Size: 144 players
The tournament shall be decided over 4 rounds (72 holes) stroke play. 144 players will play one round on each of the first two days, after which the leading 60 professionals plus ties for 60th place, plus any amateurs on the same score after the second round, shall qualify to play rounds 3 and 4. In the event of a tie for first place, a ‘sudden death’ play-off will take place on the 18th until there is a result or as otherwise determined by the tournament committee.
Field Breakdown and Exemptions
Exempt Professional Golfers
Leading 94 players from the PGATA exemption categories, 10 International amateurs, 12 exempt players at the discretion of Golf NSW, 8 Regional Qualifiers (Golf NSW), 10 Pre-Qualifying positions, 10 Tournament Invites.
Exemption from Qualifying – Amateur
As provided for in the agreement between Golf NSW and PGA, Golf NSW may provide up to a maximum number of 34 exemptions for amateur players from pre-qualifying for the 2018 Championship.
Golf NSW will notify the relevant players of their exemption.
Registration will be at the PGA Tournament Office. Registration will be open from Monday 25h November, 9:00AM to 5:00PM and Tuesday 26th November, 7:00AM until 5:00PM. Players who fail to register by the deadline with the PGA tournament office may be removed from the tournament and replaced with the first available alternate.
The PGA Tour of Australasia Tournament Office will be located in the demountable located adjacent to the clubhouse at the far end of the car park.
Pre-Qualifying will take place on Monday 25th November at Liverpool GC, Bayview GC and Glenmore Heritage Valley GC. There will be a minimum of 10 positions available. The number of positions available at each venue will be determined on a pro-rata basis.
Players will use the Twin Creeks Golf & Country Club driving range (adjacent to the 10th tee) and short game facilities.
- Monday 7:30AM to 6:00PM
- Tuesday 6:30AM to 6:00PM (Pro-Am players have priority 1 hour before shotgun start)
- Wednesday 6:30AM to 6:00PM (Pro-Am players have priority 1 hour before shotgun start)
- Thursday 5:45AM to 6:00PM
- Friday 5:45AM to 6:00PM
- Saturday 6:00AM to 5:00PM
- Sunday 6:00AM to last tee time
Monday 1st and 10th tee from 7:00AM until 8:00AM. Players may practice until noon On Monday.
Tuesday Course practice available from 12:30PM from both tees 1 and 10.
Tee times will be booked through the Pro-Shop.
Wednesday Course closed for Junior and Sponsors Pro-Am.
- Monday 25 November: Twin Creeks Corporate Pro-Am 12.00am shotgun start. (10 Professionals Required)
- Tuesday 26 November: Sponsors Pro-Am 7.30am shotgun start. (28 Professionals Required)
- Wednesday 27 November: Sponsors Pro-Am 7.30am shotgun start. (28 Professionals Required) . Junior Pro-Am 1.30pm shotgun start. (20 Professionals Required)
Player Medical Services
Medical The medical services team will be located adjacent to the Player’s Lounge. The team will consist of Dr Cory Cunningham (Doctor, onsite Tuesday & Wednesday only), TBA (Chiropractor), Matt Green (Physiotherapist), Amanda Rickard (Masseur).
The Player Medical Services Team work on a booking system and attempt to honour all reasonable requests outside of the following general operating hours:
- Tuesday 9:00AM to 6.00PM
- Wednesday 6:00AM to 6.00PM
- Thursday 5:45AM to 6.00PM
- Friday 5.45AM to 6.00PM
- Saturday 6.00AM to 6.00PM
- Sunday 6.00AM until last tee time
Medical personnel will be providing first aid service on all 4 tournament days.
Participating players will park in the club car park or adjacent grassed area using their PGA Tour accreditation for access.
Caddies are not compulsory for this event
Caddy master will be Annette Hoven (firstname.lastname@example.org), 02 9670 8888.
Players/Caddies will be permitted to use pull carts throughout the week – limited pull carts are available and it is advised where possible to bring your own/alternatively use a carry/smaller golf bag.
Participating players may use the Men’s Locker Room on the ground floor of the clubhouse.
Players and caddies are to follow the dress regulations as stated in the Membership Regulations Handbook. Players will be permitted to wear shorts during all practice rounds and during the pre-tournament pro-am. All shorts should be knee length, tailored shorts and predominately of one colour. “Cargo pocket styled” shorts are not permitted. Long pants are required to be worn during all tournament rounds.
Bag storage is NOT available for this event.
Basic club repair services will be available in the Pro Shop during each day of the tournament week. Please note that all costs will be charged to the player
Players are to use PGA Tour accreditation. In addition to this, players will also receive 1 x caddie pass, 2 x general admission season passes and 6 x general admission any one day passes
Holiday Inn St Marys
Players will be able to book accommodation for the event at a reduced rate. To do so, please contact:
Lawrence Ong: LOng@histmarys.com.au (02) 9208 5678
Air BNB Accommodation
Opportunities may be available through the Club. Players should make direct contact with the owner via Air BNB.
There is no child care available for this tournament.
The players’ lounge will be located in the function room in the south east corner of the clubhouse.
The lounge will be open from the following hours.
- Monday: Not Available
- Tuesday: Breakfast 5:45AM – 10:30AM
- Wednesday: Breakfast 5:45AM – 10:30AM
- Thursday: Breakfast 1 ½ hrs before first tee time to 10:30AM then 10:30AM to 6:00PM
- Friday: Breakfast 1 ½ hrs before first tee time to 10:30AM then 10:30AM to 6:00PM
- Saturday: Breakfast 1 ½ hrs before first tee time to 10:30AM then 10:30AM to 5:00PM
- Sunday: Breakfast 1 ½ hrs before first tee time to 10:30AM then 10:30AM to 5:00PM
Continental breakfast will be provided on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Monday – Wednesday players will have access to sandwiches and snacks – vouchers will be made available to access these.
Entry to lounge strictly by PGATA Player Badge and is restricted to players only.
Schedule of Events
Monday 25 November
- Pre-qualifying @ Liverpool GC, Bayview GC, and Glenmore Heritage Valley
- Practice and Registration at Twin Creeks (See available times above)
- Twin Creeks Corporate Pro-Am commencing at 10:00am
Tuesday 26 November
- Morning Sponsors Pro-Am – 7.30AM shotgun start Official practice day – course available from 1:00PM onwards
- Player Registration
- Round 1 draw released
Wednesday 27 November
- Morning Sponsors Pro-Am – 7:30AM shotgun start
- Afternoon Junior Pro-Am – 1:30PM shotgun start
- Course closed to practice.
Thursday 28 November
Round 1 – commencing at approximately 6:45AM
Friday 29 November
Round 2 – commencing at approximately 6:45AM
Field cut to leading 60 professionals + ties as well as any amateurs on the same score or better
Saturday 30 November
Round 3 – last tee time approximately 11.00AM
Sunday 1 December
Round 4 – last tee time approximately 11.00AM
Presentation ceremony on 18th green following completion of play
For all enquiries regarding the 2016 NSW Open please contact:
Stuart Fraser, Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (02) 9505 9105
Graeme Phillipson, GM – Golf
Phone: (02) 9505 9105
Mobile: 0416 057 965
David Tease, Media & Digital Manager
Mobile: 0427 980 789
|PGA Tour of Australasia Details|
Graeme Scott, Tournament Operations Manager
Phone: (03) 8380 1998 Mobile:
Twin Creeks Golf & Country Club
Brendan Kop, General Manager
Phone: (02) 9670 8888
International Country Code for Australia: +61 [e.g. (02) 9505 9105 = +61 2 9505 9105]